50 Mbps WAN Optimizer with Packet Protection (compact form factor)
The AHA723 Durostream WAN Optimization Controller is a standalone network appliance that reliably delivers video, voice, and data files over networks with high packet loss rates. By applying Forward Error Correction at one side of a WAN, packets lost in transit are reconstructed at the receiving Durostream unit. A pair of Durostream boxes provides protection over any Layer 3 point-to-point network topology. Data can be transmitted bi-directionally simultaneously.
- Provides a transparent bridge that transports IP data over impaired links at WAN rates up to 50Mbps.
- Tolerates 75% packet loss with spikes of 90% packet loss.
- Tolerates round trip times (RTT) up to 2 seconds.
- Provides a full-duplex, survivable, point-to-point network protocol for resilient data transport.
- Provides connectivity over "best effort" networks such as the public Internet where reliability is not guaranteed.
- Supports all IP packet types.
- Supports Layer 3 networks.
- Prevents network delays that are typical when TCP/IP connections experience packet loss.
- Adaptive forward error correction protection minimizes latency and maximizes link utilization.
- Dynamically adapts to packet loss on the WAN link to maximize throughput and minimize error correction overhead.
- Corrects for out of order and duplicate packets.
- Supports 1500 byte MTU.
- Provides header compression.
- Performance metrics reported include: bandwidth, packet loss, and round-trip time.
- Compact Form Factor
- 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz power input, 60W Power Adapter
- Dimension (W x H x D) 17.7 x 4.4 x 14.55 cm