80.0 Gbps GZIP Compression/Decompression Accelerator
The AHA378 is an sixteen lane PCI Express 3.0 plug-in card that performs compression/decompression at 80 Gbps throughput. It contains four AHA3642 ICs that implement AHA's patented compression/decompression engines. Compressed data from the card is compliant with the Deflate, GZIP, and ZLIB file formats. The card is also capable of operating as an LZS compression/decompression engine.
Systems that have traditionally implemented open source GZIP or ZLIB compression software now can free up CPU resources while achieving optimal compression ratio and throughput performance. In addition, those using the LZS can support this legacy algorithm while having the higher compression ratios of GZIP and ZLIB available in their systems.
- Supports open standard algorithms GZIP and ZLIB
- Supports LZS algorithm
- Full duplex operation
- PCIe 3.0 x16 interface
- High compression ratio
- Minimal expansion of uncompressible data
- Supports streaming of large files or blocks
- Supports compression of intermixed blocks from different files
- Low Profile PCIe Form Factor - Dual Slot