5.0 Gbits/sec GZIP Compression/Decompression Accelerator
*Legacy Product - Not Recommended For New Designs
The AHA363-PCIe is a PCI-e plug in card that adds GZIP compression and decompression to data networking streams. This card supports data rates of over 5.0 gigabits per second. Communication and storage networks require high-speed compression solutions to provide low latency links. Compression also saves valuable media space when storing files to disk or tape.
The AHA363-PCIe is several times faster than the closest competitive solutions. The AHA363-PCIe is ideal for SAN servers, virtual tape emulation backup and recovery systems, point-to-point communication link servers and SSL accelerators. The AHA363-PCIe will improve the speed and performance for nearly any system requiring compression or decompression.
- Open standard compression algorithm (GZIP/Deflate)
- Performs both compression and decompression
- Compresses and decompresses at a throughput rate over 5.0 Gbits/sec
- Uses patented hardware compression integrated circuits
- PCI-Express card interface
- ASCII text compresses greater than 3.0:1
- Scatter Gather DMA
- 64-bit OS support
- Linux reference drivers with source code
- SMP and Hypterthreading support
- 32-bit and 64-bit Linux kernel support
- Operating voltage 3.3V